Friday, September 08, 2006

Boat in Early Morning Haze


Boat in Early Morning Haze
10x8, pastel

It was my daughter's first day of school! That meant that I was free to paint by around 7am! I was test driving a new pastel setup, so stayed home by the lake. It was a heavily overcast, dark morning, but I was so excited about finally having a chance to get outside with pastels that nothing was going to deter me; I'd just paint the fog. Once I got set up, I realized I forgot the pastel paper. It's a good thing I'd stayed close to home!

5 Comments:

Blogger rob ijbema said...

love this Jamie!!
the mood and atmosphere work really well...
the suggestive detail and bits of red on the tree do it for me!

Good luck with your blog and new painting life!!!

love bobbo

11:15 AM  
Blogger RenĂ© PleinAir said...

Love this one too, although that one on wetcanvas "upside down" is marvelous!!

b.t.w. i did put you blog as link on mine. Hope you don't mind

11:56 AM  
Blogger Jamie Williams Grossman said...

Thanks so much, Rob and Rene.

Rob, don't you think the start of fall is so exciting, when the colors first start showing themselves? That tree gets bright red as fall progresses. I paint it every year.

Rene, thanks for the link! I'll link you too once I figure out how to do that! LOL... The upside down painting will be up here on my blog soon. :)

6:17 PM  
Blogger rob ijbema said...

yes Fall's exciting,but o so short!

don't listen to rene,this one's far better than upside down (-;

4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgot your paper! Sounds like what I do. The painting is lovely and hope you have fun with your new blog. Great start.
Jo

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home