Monday, September 18, 2006

Fall at St. Basil Academy


Fall at St. Basil Academy
5x7, gouache
SOLD

Saint Basil Academy is a home to children in need, where they are nurtured to adulthood on the gorgeous property overlooking the Hudson River opposite West Point. They kindly allow me to paint there on location, but this painting was done from a photograph that I took there last fall. The property has an amazing history; a former owner had a zoo there! Some of the old buildings are absolutely gorgeous. I've started painting those too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely fall colors!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Chuck Law said...

What a beautiful painting Jamie...and a worthy cause indeed.
Hard to believe this is only 5x7!

Great start to your blog!!

...chuck

10:56 PM  
Blogger Jamie Williams Grossman said...

Thanks so much, Chuck. I was initially going to make them a set of note cards for the fundraiser, from paintings I've done on the property. I struggled and struggled with my printer, which wasn't cooperating. Finally I decided I could do a painting in the amount of time it would take me to get the obstinate printer to spit out those cards, so I did this painting for them instead.

Jamie

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home