Saturday, September 23, 2006

Orange Tree at Boscobel


Orange Tree at Boscobel
2.5 x 3.5", oils on unstretched canvas

In the art world, ACEO stands for Artist Cards Editions and Originals. They are collectible paintings in a standard, miniature format. The size is 2.5x3.5", like baseball cards and playing cards. They are so much fun to paint and collect that every so often I do a few of them. Some artists sell prints of paintings in that size as ACEOs, but mine are always one-of-a-kind originals. ACEOs are truly fun to collect for those who love art. Everybody can find a place for these little gems, and they are reasonably priced. It's an easy way to collect work from some favorite artists.

This tiny painting is of one of my favorite views overlooking Constitution Marsh from Boscobel Restoration in Garrison, NY. The marsh along the Hudson River is ablaze with color in fall, and this tree at the edge of the overview site is always stunning this time of year. I've painted the fall marsh there in just about every size over the years, up to 24x36".

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Patterson said...

Hi Jamie,

I saw this and it reminded me of Wave Hill, also on the Hudson, where I've done many paintings...beautiful piece!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Jamie Williams Grossman said...

Thanks so much, hpatterson! My father in law lives near Wave Hill, so I hope to get there sometime to paint too!

Jamie

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home