Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A Birthday Card for Hubby



Today is my husband's birthday. Amidst the hustle and bustle, my daily painting involved making a card for him. He always takes an apple to work every day, so I had to get the apple in there. Some of the flowers that I bought several days ago are still kicking. I put the survivors into a mug and pulled out my watercolors, then added a little ink pen. I used a 7x10 sheet of Arches HP and folded it in half, so the card is 5x7.

It's been very hard to get serious paintings done with the holiday looming this week and all the framing I need to do for upcoming shows. I'm hoping to be able to get back to doing some oil paintings next week, if not sooner, and will be keeping my sketchbook, pens, watercolors, and colored pencils close at hand for the remainder of this week!


2 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda Hurwitz said...

hallmark beckons!

jamie, you have a nice touch with the watercolors and ink

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A painted card!!! What a great idea for a loved one! For hubby, son, and daughter--I could do that! Thanks for the inspiration!

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home