Saturday, February 10, 2007

Winter Moonrise

Click to enlarge:

Winter Moonrise
5 x 7" matted to 8x10", Gouache on Fabriano Artistico 100% rag paper
$100 matted, unframed via PayPal, free shipping within US (email me for international rates)
Many thanks to Connie van Winssen for use of a photo reference for this painting from her villiage of Westbroek in The Netherlands. I don't generally paint from photos other than my own, but I was so captivated by the colors and mood of this scene that I just had to paint it!

I selected a warm, limited palette of colors: Yellow deep, Venetian red, Ultramarine blue, and white to bring out the rich warmth and glow of the scene.


Below, you can see what my palette ended up looking like when I was finished! I did wipe it off once during the painting process, after laying in the initial colors. When a palette gets too muddy, that mud starts making its way into the painting.


Below is just the painting by itself, before it was signed and matted. This was such a joy to paint! Thanks, Connie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home