Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Bench With a View


Bench With a View
14 x 11", Oils on canvas covered hardboard


It was a gorgeous fall day at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation to paint this on location, "en plein air". One of the preserve managers lives in the house at the bottom of this hill. The red fall fields and views of the surrounding hills make this one of my favorite spots on the 4700 acre property. There is a paintable scene in every direction! They recently put in the bench by the tree, providing weary hikers with a perfect resting spot to view the serene landscape.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ron Guthrie said...

Hi Jaime,
I like this piece here. The tree is great. I like the contrast in the piece and absolutely love that dark background mountain area. Very nice work!
Ron

12:44 AM  
Blogger Jamie Williams Grossman said...

Ron, thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting. I love painting at Ward Pound Ridge, especially this time of year and in early spring. The colors there are wonderfully varied.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Pilan said...

Jamie this is beautiful. You inspire me to paint landscapes.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Jamie Williams Grossman said...

Pilan, what a nice thing to say. Thank you so much. I hope you'll do some more plein air work!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Lori McNamara said...

This is a beauty Jamie, I like the buildings in the background. Lori

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home