Saturday, October 07, 2006

Fall Beginnings en plein air, Daily Painting


Fall Beginnings en plein air
5 x 7", Oils on canvas covered hardboard

This is one of my favorite trees along the lakeshore, painted en plein air. I plan to do a series of paintings of this tree from different angles throughout the different seasons and times of day. The trunk and branches have so many interesting twists and turns, and the foliage turns a bright gold later in the fall. Winter could be a problem since I'm such a wimp, but I'm going to try to get out there for one or two in the snow and ice!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jan Blencowe said...

I always love your trees!!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Lori McNamara said...

It looks beautiful, I can't wait to see the winter ones, I know how much you love the cold air! hehehe!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Jamie Williams Grossman said...

Thanks Jan!

Lori..hahaha....I will try to do at least one in winter....on a sunny day.....maybe. *wink*

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home