Monday, October 30, 2006

Fall Stroll in Garrison

Fall Stroll in Garrison
36x24", Oils on stretched canvas
This painting will go to a gallery in a couple of weeks when dry, but I haven't yet decided which one. I'll post that info as soon as it's on the way.


Today's work consisted of finishing off this big painting. Whew! For those wo like to see things in progress, below is an image of how things began. I worked off both a computer monitor and printed photo, and used them more or less as a springboard to create the painting. I washed the background with yellows to start. This would give the feeling of the light filtering through the fall leaves as I added more layers. Once that yellow wash was on the canvas, I went right to the darkest darks and mapped out the painting in light and shadow.



The image below gives you an idea of how I go about laying in the leaves and colors. From there, I probably had about another six-eight hours to go to complete the painting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful fall colors!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

Wow - saturated colour!

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home