Sunday, October 22, 2006

Late Day Dog Walk Along the Hudson



Late Day Dog Walk Along the Hudson
7 x 5", Oils on canvas covered hardboard
SOLD

This painting was done from a photograph taken the same evening as the miniature painting I did yesterday. This woman was walking her dog, and came around the bend just as I was snapping the shutter. I told her it was perfect timing. She thought I meant that she'd ruined my photo, but I assured her that the backlit figures of her and her dog would make an ideal focal point! It was a warm fall evening, and she remarked how after 30 years of living in this area, she realizes how fortunate we are to have walks along the Hudson in that amazing light and tranquility.

I wish I could get far enough ahead on the daily paintings to be able to photograph my work when it's dry, instead of when it's wet and shiny, throwing glare all over the painting as well as altering colors and contrasts. This painting looks so much better in person, and I know I'll be able to get a better image of it once it's dry!

4 Comments:

Blogger RenĂ© PleinAir said...

Is this the same person that walked in Wales a few days ago?


Rob (Bobbo) painted them then.

2:08 AM  
Blogger rob ijbema said...

yes those dogs are every where
before you know it they pop up in Holland!
lovely painting Jamie

12:01 PM  
Blogger RenĂ© PleinAir said...

Indeed they do Rob,

Unbelievable

4:57 PM  
Blogger James said...

I know what you mean with the wet paintings. I am photographing at night usually and it is difficult to show them at their best. My problem is Daily Procrastination.

Nice work, the small size sunset was great too.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home