Thursday, October 19, 2006

Waterfall in Miniature (daily painting) and Winter Stroll

Waterfall in Miniature (ACEO size) daily painting
2.5x3.5", Oils on primed acid free matboard


It's another wee painting off my brushes! This one is ACEO trading card size, 2.5x3.5". It was painted from a photo taken by Deb Leger. (Thank you, Deb!)

In the art world, ACEO stands for Artist Cards Editions and Originals. They are collectible paintings in a standard, miniature format. The size is 2.5x3.5", like baseball cards and playing cards. They are so much fun to paint and collect that every so often I do a few of them. Some artists sell prints of paintings in that size as ACEOs, but mine are always one-of-a-kind originals. ACEOs are truly fun to collect for those who love art. Everybody can find a place for these little gems, and they are reasonably priced. It's an easy and relatively inexpensive way to acquire work from some favorite artists.



And now for my big news.............


Winter Stroll
18x24", Oils on canvas
$1,100 custom framed (If interested, contact the Belle Levine Gallery of Putnam Arts Council at 845-628-3664)

My painting Winter Stroll was just accepted into the juried Fine Arts Show at the Belle Levine Gallery! This is a painting done from a photo I took while out for an evening stroll with my husband in winter. It was done with a limited palette of just four colors and white. The opening is tomorrow evening from 6-8pm, and although you're all invited, unfortunately I have to be somewhere with my daughter and probably will have to miss the event. The show runs through November 10. Hopefully some of you can get over to see it. I'm told it was very competitive, so I feel honored to be included!

5 Comments:

Blogger Larry Seiler said...

Congratulations Jamie...very lovely painting! Doesn't surprise me it was accepted in any show!! Good for you!!! Nicely done, the character of this tree caught my eye immediately..

good color, and isn't it amazing how freeing limited color can be, and unlimiting!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Lori McNamara said...

Wow Jamie! Congratulations! I love that tree those branches and twigs look wonderful!

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What wonderful news Jamie. It is a beautiful painting and I hope the show went well.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Jan Blencowe said...

Great news!! This is a beautiful piece. I especially love the shape of the tree and all the linear branches.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Takeyce said...

Awesome news! Congrats, Jaime.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home