Monday, December 25, 2006

Scavenger Hunt three more items, almost finished!


These are all Prismacolor pencil in my 7x10" Canson Montval cold press watercolor book. Click on the image to enlarge it.

These are items 19-21 of the 26-item scavenger hunt, so I've only five left to do by Wednesday to complete the hunt. (See my December 20 posting for more about the Scavenger Hunts.) Hopefully I'll be able to do at least a couple of paintings after that and before the New Year. The most challenging item by far in the hunt this week is to draw/paint a piece of crumpled foil. I put that one off about as long as possible, and you can see why; mine doesn't at all resemble crumpled foil. Actually, I crumpled it into the vague shape of a swan in the hope that if it didn't make it as crumpled foil, it could be loosely identified as a swan. Very loosely. Imaginatively. *smile* I'm giving up on that one for now, though I might throw in some gouache highlights and try to salvage it later. I'm looking forward to seeing what the other scavenger hunt participants do with that one.

The ear belongs to my nephew, Tal, who is one of our houseguests till Wednesday. He was sketching a clementine while I drew his ear.

I cut a twig from a forsythia bush and brought it inside to sketch, to satisfy the "twig" component of the hunt. I loved the little buds forming along the twig stems. Pretty soon, it will be time to force bloom some for a late winter painting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home