Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Scavenger Hunt of Sketches in ink, watercolor, acrylic


Click to view larger images.


The Wetcanvas art website has a Scavenger Hunt that starts every 8 days. Since my time is so interrupted now with holiday goings-on, I figured I'd jump in there and do as much sketching as I can when I don't have a long block of time for oil painting. You can find the rules and the current list here:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389272
Anybody is welcome to jump in and participate! Basically, you find items to sketch from life from the current list. You can do as many or as few as you like, but it's a nice challenge to try and complete them all within the 8 day period. You may do them in any size, time frame and medium, but they must all be done from life---no photo references allowed. You can see the current list by clicking on that first image; I wrote it down at the bottom of the page. Some scavenger hunts also include special "challenges" in addition to the 26 items, but this one did not.

It's such a fun break from the usual routine. For the sketches above, I used a Sharpie marker (just on the first one), Uniball Vision Micro pen, Prismacolor pencils, Koi watercolors, and Golden Fluid acrylics. They are in my 7x10" Cotman watercolor book.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori McNamara said...

Both pages are really nice Jamie, but I love that first group. It all goes together so well.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home