Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Sunset Boat Ride on the Lake in oils



Sunset Boat Ride
6 x 6", Oils on sealed, primed hardboard
Sold

One evening when the sunset was spectacular, my husband and I drove to the other side of the lake to take pictures. This group of people was just setting out in their boat to enjoy the last of a quiet summer evening.

Below is the pochade box that I often use for these small paintings, with just the first layer of paint on the panel. The glass palette slides to the side to access the paints and supplies below. I secure the painting panel to a slightly larger board because with a painting this small, once I get to this stage, I hold it in my hand while painting. Taping it to the larger panel enables me to hold it without getting paint all over my hands.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home