Tuesday, November 28, 2006

From Framing Madness to Panel-Making Madness

When my framing frenzy was over and the dust finally settled in my studio last night, there were 54 paintings ready to go to the show. I decided to leave two of the larger paintings here, and delivered 52 to Putnam Arts Council's Belle Levine Gallery this morning. It's going to look awesome! I'll try to get some pics to post after everything is hung and ready. I'll also be at the Gallery on Saturday, December 9 from 2-5, and on Tuesday, December 12 from 12-3 for anyone who wants a personal tour of the exhibit.

For those in Dutchess County, don't forget that I have 9 paintings left in the Buone Feste show at the River Winds Gallery! It's right on Main Street in Beacon. There is a wonderful selection of gift items in that show made by local artisans. I splurged and bought myself a pair of gorgeous handmade earrings there.

And let's not forget Westchester County.... You can see my paintings at The Paint Box in Bedford Hills. There are many small pieces, as well as a 24x36 plein air oil painting of Constitution Marsh in Fall.

Now that all those paintings have been framed, what's a Daily Painter to do? Why, start making panels to resume painting, of course! My studio has been transformed from Framing Central into The Painting Panel Factory. I'm really eager to paint more square formats. I've often used 12x12, but those are a little large for my daily paintings, and I can't find smaller ones that are reasonably priced. So, I'm making up a batch of 6x6"s, and while I'm at it, more 5x7s and 6x8s too---about 100 in all. The masonite boards are all cut (thanks to some help from my dear hubby), and after returning home from the gallery, I sanded about 30 of them and sealed them with two coats of GAC100 (acrylic polymer emulsion). I'll follow that up tomorrow with a mixture of acrylic primer (gesso) and modeling paste, then two coats of a gesso/pumice mix.

I hope to get back to churning out a painting every day (well...five days a week) in another day or so with my new panels!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home