Sunday, December 03, 2006

Humpty Dumpty (Egg No 2)



Humpty Dumpty (Egg No. 2)
6 x 6", Oils on Sealed, primed masonite
$100 unframed via PayPal, free shipping within US (email me for international rates)


Today was the day for all daily painters interested in doing a group theme to paint an egg in some form. I did a Humpty Dumpty version, setting an egg on top of a brick in my studio. I haven't painted an egg in many years. It was great fun, and I doubt I'll wait so long before doing it again.

The painting was just finished and photographed very wet, so there is glare in places, like the upper right of the egg. I'll put up a better photograph once it dries a bit.

The painting below is Egg No. 1: Egg With Glass Globs. Although it was done many years ago, I have never put it in a show nor put it up for sale. As they say, there's no time like the present!


Egg No. 1: Egg With Glass Globs
8 x 10", Oils on Canvas covered chipboard
$180 unframed via PayPal, free shipping within US (email me for international rates)

5 Comments:

Blogger Lori McNamara said...

Hi Jamie!

They look eggscellent to me! ;o)

7:14 PM  
Blogger RenĂ© PleinAir said...

indeed they do,

But your blog is a mess ;-)

(scroll down and youl see)

6:57 AM  
Blogger Jamie Williams Grossman said...

Thanks so much, Lori!

Rene, yes, I saw that last night. I had to remove a lot of buy links in a hurry the other day and seem to have created quite a mess in the process. Thanks for saying something; I'll go clean it up later!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Pilan said...

Jamie, I certainly agree. I really like the brown egg on the napkin. Simple and beautifully painted.

The egg and globs look like it was fun. It was good pairing into a composition.

8:33 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

I like them both but the egg and glass globs one appeals to my love of the unexpected. Eggsellent!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home