Monday, December 11, 2006

Great Blue Heron in the Marsh



Great Blue Heron
6 x 6", Oils on sealed, primed hardboard
$100 unframed via PayPal, free shipping within US (email me for international rates)
This painting was done today from a photo that my sister took on a trip to Florida years ago. Great Blue Herons visit frequently on the stream behind my house. I plan to paint one from my own photos soon, but this pic that my sis took was so beautiful and majestic that I thought I'd try hers first! It's amazing how green the Florida greens are. I rarely need to punch up greens with viridian or phthalo green here in the northeast, but in working from this Florida photo, I finally had to give in and use a tiny dab of viridian mixed into the green of the foreground.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lori McNamara said...

He looks great Jamie! The green looks perfect, I am using a lot of viridian now too.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully done!

8:11 AM  
Blogger RenĂ© PleinAir said...

Teasels, ..... :-)

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home