Friday, December 15, 2006

Yellow Carnations and a Brass Bird shown actual size


Yellow Carnations and a Brass Bird unframed
5 x 5", Oils on sealed, primed hardboard
$95 unframed via PayPal, free shipping within US (email me for international rates)


I went into an antique shop last weekend and saw this little blue cobalt pitcher/vase and just HAD to have it to add to the vase collection! I told the man in the shop that I'm an artist and he immediately knocked 1/3 off the price, telling me that "artist" is a magic word. hehehe...This is its still life debut. I paired it up with some yellow carnations for contrast, the brass bird for color cohesion, and the baby's breath to soften it all a bit. It was way fun to paint.

Here's another image of it, larger than actual size (click to enlarge):


I cut the panel and selected elements specifically to go with this wonderful frame I found. Here's a photo of it framed. If you'd like to purchase it with the frame, click the link below instead of the one above. The frame looks a little overpowering in the digital image, but in real life it looks perfect and truly suits the painting. You can have it either with an easel back for a tabletop, or hanging hardware for a wall; just let me know.

Yellow Carnations and a Brass Bird FRAMED
5 x 5", Oils on sealed, primed hardboard
$115
framed via PayPal, free shipping within US (email me for international rates)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home