Saturday, January 06, 2007

Art and Sketch Journal Beginnings



I've decided to begin making a series of art journals, which will each contain a collection of sketches, paintings in various mediums, art cards mounted inside, collage work, and some experimental pieces. I'll post pages as they are completed, and possibly put the journal up for sale when it is completed. I'll continue to do oil paintings too of course. I need a lot of variety in my life. *big grin*

This Journal Number 1 is eight, 7.25x11.25" pages of Arches hot press, 100% 140 lb. rag watercolor paper. The image above is a cropped photograph of the first page/cover. I really like that square format. Perhaps I'll make the next journal a square.

The full page is below. On the right side is the item list of the current "Scavenger Hunt" from the Artwork from Life forum on www.wetcanvas.com. Every 8 days, a new list is posted and participants draw or paint those objects from life (no photo references) that they find around their homes. I've been enjoying participating when I can, and figured I might include many of those objects in the current journal. Today I sketched and painted the mechanical pencil, journal, and ruler from among the list elements.

If you click this image, you can see it closer to actual size:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie! I just followed you over here from WC. So you're doing a painting a day, huh? I'm trying for one "something" a day that's art-related, so far I'm keeping up (started just before Xmas.) You're doing great so far! Nice mix of different things. I've bloglined you so I'll be watching... ;-)

7:33 PM  
Blogger Jamie Williams Grossman said...

Thanks so much for your comment, Polygon!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Jo Castillo said...

Jamie, Thanks for the sketchbook idea. I love windmills, in Spanish - papalotes. Your little painting is great .. love red as well.

See ya,
Jo

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home