Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Stroll in the Park



Stroll in the Park
8 x 6", Oils on Canvas covered hardboard
$125 unframed via PayPal, free shipping within US (email me for international rates)


A couple of times a year, I go on photo expeditions with my painting buddy Sue to collect painting references. I painted this from one of the photos I took at Muscoot Farm. I love painting there en plein air, but since they don't open until 10, it's hard to catch the light and shadow on location before the sun is directly overhead. This beautiful path winds around behind the fields, with old trees and huge rock outcroppings.

This was painted today with a limited palette of cadmium yellow lemon, venetian red, burnt sienna, and ultramarine blue, plus white. This is my favorite landscape palette when I don't need a bright red or strong violet. It yields nice greens and earth tones, and a lovely soft violet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home