Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Brass Pitcher in a Mahogany Box framed oil painting



Brass Pitcher in a Mahogany Box
5 x 5", Oils on sealed, primed hardboard
$110 framed as shown, via PayPal, free shipping within US (email me for international rates)


When I was away in Pennsylvania last weekend, I went to a flea market. I found all kinds of old copper and brass objects, glass items, little bowls and pitchers, and a wonderful set of old mahogany nesting boxes. The woman at the flea market remembered me from last year. She pulled out boxes and boxes of "stuff" for me to sift through. The result of all this is: I have lots of new things to paint! This is one of the mahogany boxes lying on its side with a little brass pitcher peeking out.

I painted it on a 5x5" panel because I have this wonderful frame that size which is a perfect match for the brass of the pitcher. I love it to bits! The price is for the painting framed with shipping within the US, but if you'd prefer to purchase it unframed, please email me and I will lower the price accordingly. This frame can sit on a table or be hung on a wall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home