Sunday, October 08, 2006

Red Fields and the Stone Barn at Ward Pound Ridge, Plein Air



Red Fields and the Stone Barn at Ward Pound Ridge, Plein Air
5x7", Oil on canvas covered hardboard
This painting is at The Paint Box gallery in Bedford Hills, NY. You can contact the gallery at 914-666-8692.

I've been wanting to paint this stone barn at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation for years, and finally got my chance! There's so much to paint there that it just took me awhile to get to this one. Now I'd like to do a series of them! It proved to be a wonderful and very challenging subject.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the colors in the foreground! I think this would be wonderful in pastels. (hint, hint)

12:18 PM  
Blogger Jamie Williams Grossman said...

You know...you may not believe this, but....When I first arrived at the location, I was going to do it in pastels. It's one of those scenes that really does cry out for pastels. However, I FORGOT TAPE! So, I couldn't tape the pastel paper to the drawing board! Grrrr! Maybe next time. :)

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home