Sunday, November 05, 2006

A Day of Sketches




One day a month, I do a day of quick paintings or sketches as I go about the rest of my life. Today I had a blast with a sheet of 12x16" black MiTientes paper and Prismacolor pencils. I woke my daughter shortly before 11am by bribing her with an iced latte. That became my first sketch of the day. The green object on the right is my framing gun. I don't know how I ever lived without that!

I framed ten paintings today for the Buone Feste Show at the River Winds Gallery in Beacon, NY. The opening is Saturday, November 11 from 5-8pm, and you're all invited! It is a holiday gift show of fine arts combined with handmade crafts by local artisans. The show runs through January 8, so please stop by if you have a chance. Maybe you'll find something there for that special someone on your holiday gift list. They'll even gift wrap it for you!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda Hurwitz said...

love the sketches of your daily routine...how fun

and good luck with the show

1:13 AM  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

Jamie - but I've only just got back from the States and now you want me to go back again....!!!

Seriously very good luck with sales from the show (I shall expect to see photos) and I love your sketch! Might I claim just a teeny weeny bit of influence over you giving coloured pencils a try for sketching? :D

3:04 AM  
Blogger Jamie Williams Grossman said...

Rhonda, thanks so much for stopping in and commenting. The show should be great fun....Three more coming up in December. Such a busy season!

Hi Katherine! You can certainly claim influence over getting me into the Sketchcrawl Syndrome once every few weeks or so! I've been sketching in Prismacolors for five or six years, though I don't break them out very often. I actually did almost exclusively CP work a loooong time ago!

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home